About the Family

What started as 2 kids from Tuttle has turned into a not so perfect, sometimes messy, but usually full of laughter little family. After marriage we added a perfect a little basset hound, and an even better little baby girl. We love our real life!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Fox and the Hound

Before we had Maggie, Zach and I had another baby.  A spoiled rotten little bundle of joy that we wouldn't trade for a million of dollars.  That baby had 4 legs, two gigantic front paws, and big floppy ears.  That baby was our basset hound Harlee.  Then Maggie arrived, and like most dogs, didn't get as much attention as she did when she was our only child.  We still love her though, and I try to make her just as much a part of our family as she has ever been.  

A while back, I found a picture on Pinterest of a basset hound with a little boy dressed like a fox... the fox and the hound.  I knew I had to do it.  So this was the year... before Maggie could tell me she wanted to be Minnie Mouse or a pirate or a California Raisin (circa my husband in the early 80's).  My impromptu photo shoot went so much better than expected.  There were no smiles from the fox, but really, have you ever seen a fox smile?  This was serious business... it was hunting time.  





This last picture melts my heart.  Maggie loves Harlee, but Harlee just tolerates Maggie.  I want them to be best friends.  Really really want them to be best friends.  This picture almost tells me it could be true one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment